Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Highly Addictive. Make a double batch because you'll eat them all before serving.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Toast pecans for 10-15 or until lightly toasted.
- Watch carefully, burns easily.
- Fold sugar, salt and pecans into egg whites.
- Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter on a sheet pan.
- Spread the nut mixture over pan and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Try these made with brown sugar. Yummy!!!
So tasty! And I'm not a huge fan of pecans, but these are very addictive. One thing I would change next time is the overall cooking time - the sugar was to grainy.
Excellent!, My Grandmother used to make these for me when I was young. I loved them back then and still loved them today. It brought back some great memories and made some new ones. Thanx for the recipe.