Recipe by Chef mariajane
This recipe is from northpole.com, and is so delicious, I love anything with peanut butter, and this makes the grade!!
Top Review by It's not Kels, it's Kelsey
What a terrible recipe! The flour isn't listed in the ingredients, there isn't any leavening in the recipe, liquid has to be added to make the batter the right consistency for brownies. The brownies baked unevenly, and there is no "prep time" or "cook time" to mention the hour of cooling, either. The only redeeming quality of this recipe is that an experienced baker, with ingenuity and improvisation, can create a brownie that tastes decent.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 10 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup cocoa in saucepan on low heat stirring often, until butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in large bowl and beat until blended - add eggs and vanilla; beat until blended. Spread mixture on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes - until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove lid from peanut butter jar and microwave on medium for 2 minutes - stir once. Spread melted peanut butter over warm brownies. Chill 30 minutes.
- Cook remaining 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 cup milk and marshallows in large pan over medium heat, stirring often until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/4 cup cocoa. Stir in confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread over peanut butter. Chill 20 minutes, and then cut into squares.