Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
There were very few things my friends and I would eat from our high school cafeteria. This was one of the few. It was a small town, so someone could always get the recipe from someone. Hope you like them!
- Cream the first 6 ingredients.
- Add the final 4 mixing well.
- Spread on large greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients (will be fairly stiff), mix well and spread on slightly warm cookies. Cut and serve.
Oh my gosh! I have been wanting this recipe for YEARS! I haven't had one since High School! They were my FAVORITE item from M.E.'s cafeteria! I'm super excited to try this recipe! Thanks! -Michelle-
The bar part was very good but the frosting was not the greatest, it wouldn't spread! I added extra milk and peanut butter to make it the consistency and flavor I wanted
These were okay but had a dry, cakey texture. I wonder what size cookie sheet was too be used - mine was 11X15 & the bars were really thick. I also had to fiddle with the frosting, adding extra pb & milk to get the flavour & consistency right.