There were very few things my friends and I would eat from our high school cafeteria. This was one of the few. It was a small town, so someone could always get the recipe from someone. Hope you like them!
- Cream the first 6 ingredients.
- Add the final 4 mixing well.
- Spread on large greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients (will be fairly stiff), mix well and spread on slightly warm cookies. Cut and serve.
The bar part was very good but the frosting was not the greatest, it wouldn't spread! I added extra milk and peanut butter to make it the consistency and flavor I wanted
These were okay but had a dry, cakey texture. I wonder what size cookie sheet was too be used - mine was 11X15 & the bars were really thick. I also had to fiddle with the frosting, adding extra pb & milk to get the flavour & consistency right.
These are great!! Just like I remember in high school! I followed the recipe as stated and they turned out great! Will definitely make again! Thank you for sharing this one!