Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
have not tried these yet..but love oranges..
- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- score each orange into quarters with sharp knife.peel.remove white pith from oranges and peel --
- discard pith -- quarter oranges, add to blender with peels.blend till smooth.
- measure out 3/4 cup for use in this recipe.refrigerate any remaining for use in another recipe.
- cream crisco and sugar in large bowl -- blend in milk and 6 tbls orange mixture.set aside.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt .mix into creamed mixture.
- drop by tspful 2" apart on greased cookie sheets.
- bake at 350* for 10-13 minutes.
- remove to wire racks to cool.
- whisk powdered sugar and butter and enough of remaining orange mixture to desired spreading consistency --
- frost cookies.