Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside; this is a different version of meatloaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In large bowl, mix beef, 1/2 cup undiluted soup, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper until combined.
- Shape into a firm loaf.
- Place in a foiled-lined shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- While meatloaf is baking prepare mashed potatoes.
- Remove meatloaf and place on an OVEN-PROOF serving plate.
- Frost the meatloaf with the mashed potatoes (you can get fancy and pipe with an icing bag and star tip or just slap it on!).
- Place platter in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until potato"frosting" is light golden brown and crisp.
- Combine remaining soup and water in small saucepan; heat and serve with meatloaf.
can't wait to try this out!!! looks great.
This was our dinner tonight and it was awesome!!!Total Comfort Food........I did use a loaf pan,draining most of the grease off towards the end of the first hour.I also used instant potatoes&this was still sooo good:)Made this for PYC contest~~