Recipe by Charlotte J
This recipe is from Mrs. Norman Wemer, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it #38,782.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 3 cups crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cherries (to garnish)
- walnuts (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, let cool until syrupy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Mold in approximately 8" pan, rinsed in cold water.
- (I'm guessing that she used a small box of jello here and also I think she might have drained the pineapple.) Frosting: When salad is firm, unold or leave in pan.
- Beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice; frost salad.
- Garnish with cherries and walnuts as desired.