Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a light "springy" cookie from "The Cookie Book".
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Wafers:In a mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar, baking soda and lime zest, beat until combined.
- Beat in the lime juice.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer, stir the rest in with a wooden spoon.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the edges are beginning to brown.
- Remove the wafers with a spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For Glaze:In a small bowl beat together the sugar, butter and enought lime juice to make a mixture of glazing consistency.
- Dip the tops of the wafers in the glaze.
- Set the wafers, glaze side up on the wire racks and allow to set before serving.
Great! i made these last night and the husband loved them. He couldn't say anything because his mouth was so full, but he gave two thumbs up. A nice, light summer cookie. Thanks for the recipe.
Used these on a cookie tray destined for the office. My biggest problem was only saving one for myself. Tangy and not too sweet, these were tender and delicious with a cake like center. *Made for ZWT3*
Wonderful! The cookie is light and crispy. And the icing really adds that little bit of something else! I know that these will be requested FREQUENTLY from now on. I didn't really change the original recipe but I did embellish it a bit. I added a few drops of green food colouring to the icing for a little fun. Plus, I changed out a 1/4 cup of the flour for whole wheat flour. 3 limes make a perfect amount of lime juice for the entire recipe. Perfect! Thanks for posting!