1/2 Photos of Frosted Lime Wafers
Miss Erin's Note:
These are a light "springy" cookie from "The Cookie Book".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2Wafers:In a mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the sugar, baking soda and lime zest, beat until combined.
- 4Beat in the lime juice.
- 5Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer, stir the rest in with a wooden spoon.
- 6Drop rounded teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake for about 10 minutes until the edges are beginning to brown.
- 8Remove the wafers with a spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 9For Glaze:In a small bowl beat together the sugar, butter and enought lime juice to make a mixture of glazing consistency.
- 10Dip the tops of the wafers in the glaze.
- 11Set the wafers, glaze side up on the wire racks and allow to set before serving.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Lime Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 87.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: