Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy little lemony cookies. Perfect for the holidays. Posted on the Fine Cooking forums. Yield is approximate (I didn't count when I made these)
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter with sugar.
- Sift flour with cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Stir flour into butter until just combined.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and bake on greased cookie sheets for 15 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
- When cookies are cool, drizzle with lemon frosting and sprinkle with white decorators sugar.
- Lemon frosting: Beat all ingredients together until smooth (start with 1 T. lemon juice).
- Add lemon juice until frosting is thin enough to glaze the cookies.