Susie D's Note:
These adorable angels are made using a pointed sugar cone to make a 3D angel. The recipe is no-cook so it would be a perfect holiday project for your kids and could be even be used as place cards on the holiday table. They would also make cute party favors for a children's party. Recipe from LandOLakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- asst. food coloring (I prefer paste)
- 8 sugar ice cream cones, angel body
- 16 pretzel twists, wings
- 8 chocolate cookies, head or 8 vanilla wafers, cookies head
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- hard candies, fruit-flavored ring-shaped candies, halo
- asst. mini candy covered plain chocolate candies or decorator decorative candies or candy sprinkles (decorator gels or frostings) or gumdrops or mini chocolate chip
- 1Combine all frosting ingredients in small mixer bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy; Tint frosting as desired in pastel colors; Reserve some white or yellow frosting for attaching heads, hair and faces.
- 2For body: Place sugar cone upside down; frost in pastel icings; Attach pretzel twist to cone with frosting to make wings. Decorate angel body as desired with decorator gels, frostings and candies, Let stand 5 to 10 minutes to set.
- 3For angel head: decorate wafer cookie with candies using frosting to attach eyes, nose and mouth; Attach head to cone with frosting.
- 4For hair: spread thin layer of frosting on top and back of cookie; cover with coconut, Let stand until frosting is set (5 to 10 minutes): Place fruit-flavored ring-shaped candy on top of cookie for halo.
- 5TIP: To toast coconut: Heat oven to 350°F, Spread coconut in shallow pan. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Holiday Angels
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 274.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g