Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is very pretty and great for buffets or pot-lucks because it is served cold. It takes a bit of time to make it, but the results are well worth the effort!
For Ham Loaf
- 2 lbs ground cooked ham
- 1 lb ground fresh lean pork
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped stuffed green olive
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softend
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- sliced stuffed green olive (to garnish)
- Combine the ground ham, pork, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, mushrooms with liquid, olives and salt. Add the egg and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Put the meat mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish (or two loaf pans), patting it all the way to the sides and leveling the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1 hour or until done in center.
- Drain grease from the hamloaf. Cool hamloaf completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, and horseradish until smooth.
- Frost top and sides of ham loaf with cream cheese mixture. Decorate with sliced, stuffed olives. Chill before serving.