1/2 Photos of Frosted Ginger Cookies
Nice and spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a large bowl, cream 1 cup granulated sugar with butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 3Mix in egg and molasses.
- 4In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and spices.
- 5Add to butter mixture and blend well.
- 6Fill a shallow bowl with granulated sugar.
- 7Break off walnut-size pieces of dough and roll into balls; roll balls in sugar.
- 8Arrange on greased cookie sheets and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- 9Transfer to cooling racks.
- 10Meanwhile, make glaze: Combine powdered sugar with 1 tablespoons water and stir until smooth, then stir in lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 93.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g