Recipe by Stella Mae
Tangy citrus frosting for rich bars (fingers), perfect for the holidays or other special occasions. There are three parts to the recipe, but it's very easy to put together and the results are delicious.
Top Review by Gerry
Absolutely delicious. The name so caught my attention, the recipe so gets the stars! Made as posted using pecans. Loved the tangy citrus frosting which gave this rich bar a very special taste. Thank you for suggesting this recipe Stella Mae, it is a real winner and one that is now in my Holiday Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, mix together the butter, flour, and brown sugar.
- Pat mixture into a 7 x 11 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until slightly brown.
- For the filling, beat the eggs well.
- Add the brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, chopped nuts, and vanilla.
- Beat this mixture well and pour over baked layer.
- Bake again at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- This will be a bit puffy on top when it's done, but it settles down.
- Cool before frosting.
- For the frosting, mix the powdered sugar, softened butter,orange juice, and lemon juice together well.
- Spread frosting.
- Cut into bars or fingers or slices when frosting hardens.