Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat butter at medium speed of mixer until creamy,gradually add sugar,beating well.
- Add egg and flavorings,mixing well.
- Combine flour and nutmeg,gradually add to butter mixture,mixing well.
- Divide dough into 10 portions.
- Roll each portion into a 15 inch long rope,cut eah rope into 5 (3 inch) logs.
- Place 2 inchs apart onto ungreesed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Dip log ends into vanilla frosting and roll in pecans.
- Beat butter at medium speed on mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar and milk alternately,beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla,beat until smooth and until mixture is spreading consistency.