Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are really good and REALLY CHOCOLATY!!!!!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided use
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Melt 3/4 cup of chips and cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in melted chocolate and egg.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375° oven for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Let stand for 3 minutes, then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Spread with Chocolate Frosting: Melt remaining 1/2 cup chips and 2 tablespoons butter until smooth.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk; stir until smooth.