Recipe by daisygrl64
This white-capped cranberry salad is the perfect acompaniment to your holiday meal. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesraspberry flavor gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (or frozen thawed)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- orange slices or zest orange peel
- sugared cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- in large bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water, set aside. in 5cup blender container blend cranberries, half at a time on high speed, stopping blender frenquently to scrape sides until well chopped, 1 to 2 minutes.
- stir cranberries and remaining gelatin ingresients into dissolved gelatin mixture.
- pour into 13x9 pan, cover and refrigerate until firm, 6 hours or overnight.
- in small mixer bowl beat cream cheese at medium speed, scraping bowl often until light and fluffy.
- scrape cheese off beaters, add whipping cream, beat at low speed until mixed. increase speed to high. continue beating, scraping bowl often until stiff peaks form.
- by hand fold in marshmallows, spread over firm cranberry gelatin.
- refrigerate at least 1 hour. cut into squares. if desired, garnish with orange slices or zest of orange peel and sugared cranberries.