Recipe by Rhonda in Texas
This is from The Dallas Morning News. It is easy to make. I love the sweet/tart combination and always enjoy making this, especially in the Fall.
Top Review by klemensowski
This was very good. I didn't not use the frozen pie crusts rather a graham ready made crust. For the top i made some crumbs using sugar, flour and butter. Other then that i made it to your specifications and it is was delicious.
- 15 ounces refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- water (for consistency of glaze)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package for two-crust pie using a 9-inch glass pie pan. Heat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, combine pie filling, cranberry sauce, corn starch and cinnamon. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crusts.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust after 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove pie from oven. Immediately in small bowl, make glaze. Drizzle over hot pie. Decorate or sprinkle with almonds.
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.