Recipe by Boomette
From a magazine with chocolate recipes.
Top Review by mersaydees
Scrumptious cookies! And so easy to make! These will be perfect anytime and especially with my holiday assortment. Thanks, Boommette! These will be making another appearance in my Best of 2011 Cookbook! Made for Best of 2010 Cookbook Tag Game.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice, thawed, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium speed. Add egg, orange juice and vanilla. Beat at high speed until light and creamy.
- Add gradually the dried ingredients from step 1, while beating at medium speed.
- Add white chocolate. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Let drop dough by tablespoon on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Cook in oven 12 minutes or until the sides of the cookies are golden and center is tender. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine water and icing sugar. The mixture has to have the consistancy of "fondant".
- Dip the top of the cookies in this mixture. Let harden completely.