This came to me online from ToH and boy does it sound good, I searched and there 2 other recipes with similar names. But not the same thing. With a crisp cookie crust and a fluffy frosting, These brownies are the best.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Press cookie dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, chips and butter; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into marshmallow mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Spread over cookie crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For Frosting:
- In a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk, butter and chocolate.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from the heat; beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Frost brownies. Cut into bars.
I found this recipe in Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2010. Oh boy howdy was it delicious. I don't even like chocolate, but this is terrific. Thanks for posting!