Recipe by LiisaN
Mocha-flavored sweetness..just something a little different than the normal chocolate fudge. I'm guessing on the cook time - just depends how fast it reaches temp.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 3qt heavy saucepan as well as an 8" square pan.
- Combine sugar, coffee powder, salt, milk, cream and corn sryup in 3 qt.
- heavy saucepan.
- Bring mixture to boil over low heat, sitrring constantly.
- If sugar crystals from on sides- wipe off.
- Cook without stirring, over low heat to the soft ball stage (236*).
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla--do not stir.
- Cool without stirring until lukewarm (110*)> Beat until candy begins to thicken; pour into buttered 8" square pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Spread evenly over cooled fudge; sprinkle with nuts.
- Note: this fudge is not recommended for packing/shipping.