Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Frosted Cinnamon Zucchini Bars from www.lotsofkids.com. Makes 5 dozen bars.
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 414.03 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 473.18 ml shredded zucchini
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml chopped walnuts (I skip these sometimes and they turn out fine)
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 44.37 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in zucchini, coconut, and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter, vanilla extract, and enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled bars; cut.