Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Frosted Cinnamon Zucchini Bars from www.lotsofkids.com. Makes 5 dozen bars.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (I skip these sometimes and they turn out fine)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in zucchini, coconut, and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon. Stir in butter, vanilla extract, and enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled bars; cut.