Borrowed one of mom's cookie cookbooks and storing the most promising recipes for my own use later on. Have to say I am surprised not to find this one posted here as it looks just divine; a cake-like drop cookie dressed with a deep and rich frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, cream the butter at high speed for one minute. Add the brown sugar, baking soda and salt and continue to mix until they are well combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Now beat in the melted chocolate, then the sour cream.
- 3Begin to mix in the flour in thirds until well combined and the dough begins to stiffen. You may need to add the last bit by hand using a wooden spoon.
- 4Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- 5Place rounded teaspoons of dough on an untreated baking sheet about two inched apart . Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are firm.
- 6Remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool. Once cool, spread a small amount of frosting on each cookie (frosting directions appear below). These will keep in a tightly covered container for three days. You can also freeze the cookies before frosting for up to one month.
- 7To prepare the frosting, place the butter, salt and vanilla in a medium bowl and whip until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the cocoa and one cup of the powdered sugar. Add in the milk to soften the frosting a bit. Add in the remaining powdered sugar in parts, mixing well until incorporated. If it get too thick for spreading, then add a bit more milk.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Chocolate Sour Cream Drops
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 40.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g