Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
i bought myself vegan cupcakes take over the world by Isa chandra moskowitz and terry hope romero an xmas present and made two types of cupcakes from this book for my daddy in laws birthday they were a great hit. i also made the frosting from this book which was also exceellent no one reaslised that they were vegan they were most good, i love this cook book now and even though im on a deit again ill be making some treaty cupcakes. i love the fact they dont ask for any crazy ingredients in these.. you can add choc chips to these to amke them extra choclatey.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to gas mark 4 350degrees, line muffin tins with papers, this recipe makes 12 usa cupcakes and 18 uk cupcakes.
- whisk together soy milk and vingear and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. add oil, sugar, essences whisk until foamy .
- in a seperate bowl sift togther the flour cocoa baking soda and baking powder and salt. add in two bathces to teh wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain small lumps are ok. the mixture should look pretty liquidy so dont panic.
- pour into liners until 3/4 full and bake for 18- 20 minutes chek that they are done by inserting a cocktail stick. if it comes out clean there done.
- allow to cool completely and then frost with chcolate peppermint buttercream and decorate with chgoclate balls, marshamllows, choc chips whatever you fancy.