1/2 Photos of Frosted Cauliflower
I got this recipe from my mother who happens to live in a retirement facility in Atlanta, GA. When she served it to me, I knew I had found the best way to serve one of my favorite vegetables. I can eat this dish until I can't move.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove woody core from base of head, leaving the head whole.
- 2Cook Cauliflower in 2 T. water in a 1 1/2 quart covered glass dish in microwave oven for 6 to 7 minutes per pound.
- 3Rotate dish 1/4 turn halfway through cooking time if you don't have a turntable.
- 4(This can be done in a regular oven also by cooking until just tender.) Let the Cauliflower rest, covered for 5 minutes.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, combine the next 3 ingredients and heat them in the microwave for 1 minute.
- 6Frost the entire top surface of the cauliflower with the mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- 7Return to microwave and cook until cheese melts.
- 8If desired, you may sprinkle with paprika for color.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 372.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: