Recipe by Cloudtears
I got this recipe from my mother who happens to live in a retirement facility in Atlanta, GA. When she served it to me, I knew I had found the best way to serve one of my favorite vegetables. I can eat this dish until I can't move.
Top Review by bellerjo
An old family favorite - one of the first recipes for home microwaves in the early 80's. I suggest frosting with the cold mayonnaise/mustard mixture rather than heating before spreading. Also, you can use any type of prepared mustard - Dijon, yellow, Pommery etc
- 1 head cauliflower, whole
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard, prepared
- 3⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove woody core from base of head, leaving the head whole.
- Cook Cauliflower in 2 T. water in a 1 1/2 quart covered glass dish in microwave oven for 6 to 7 minutes per pound.
- Rotate dish 1/4 turn halfway through cooking time if you don't have a turntable.
- (This can be done in a regular oven also by cooking until just tender.) Let the Cauliflower rest, covered for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the next 3 ingredients and heat them in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Frost the entire top surface of the cauliflower with the mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Return to microwave and cook until cheese melts.
- If desired, you may sprinkle with paprika for color.