History in the Baking. 50th Anniversary Our Saviors Lutheran Church. Boy you Lutherans sure know how to cook. These are soft cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together, add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture.
- Add sour cream and cashews.
- Drop the cookies by teaspoons onto the baking sheet and flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake for ten minutes, or golden.
- For frosting: lightly brown butter.
- Mix in the vanilla, liquid coffee creamer and powdered sugar, adding a little more powdered sugar if needed for spreading consistency.
- Frost cookies when cooled.