Not an overly sweet cookie, until you frost them. My family likes these and I usually make them around Easter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrot
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1To make frosting: Add all frosting ingredients to a mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- 2To make cookies: Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl; stir to combine; set aside.
- 3Add shortening to a large mixing bowl; cream.
- 4Gradually add in sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 5Add in the carrots and eggs; beat well.
- 6Add in dry ingredients; stir to mix well.
- 7Add in coconut; stir to mix.
- 8Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet; place 2-inches apart.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Let cool on cookie sheets for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to rack and let cool completely.
- 11Frost with Orange Frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Carrot Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1104.4
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.3 mg
- Sodium 555.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 90.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g