Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yes, it's a Weight Watcher recipe -- 1 cupcake is 4 points.
Make and share this Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (neufchatel)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cake mix, egg substitute, applesauce, and buttermilk in a large bowl until blended. Increase the speed to medium and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. With a rubber spatula, stir in the carrots, pineapple, currants, and 1/4 cup of the pecans.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffing cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove the cupcakes from the pans and let cool on the racks.
- To make the frosting, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth. spread about 2 teaspoons of the frosting on each cupcake and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining pecans.