Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Yes, it's a Weight Watcher recipe -- 1 cupcake is 4 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup dried currant
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (neufchatel)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cake mix, egg substitute, applesauce, and buttermilk in a large bowl until blended. Increase the speed to medium and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. With a rubber spatula, stir in the carrots, pineapple, currants, and 1/4 cup of the pecans.
- 3Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffing cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove the cupcakes from the pans and let cool on the racks.
- 4To make the frosting, with an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth. spread about 2 teaspoons of the frosting on each cupcake and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2077.7
- Calories from Fat 619
- Total Fat 68.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 2181.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 346.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 248.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: