Recipe by Ceezie
This came from Cooking Light, the only change I made was to sub applesauce for coconut.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- carrot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut, pecans, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Combine oil and eggs; stir well. Stir egg mixture, grated carrot and pineapple into flour mixture. Spoon batter into a 13x9 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- To make frosting: Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until just smooth. Spread frosting over top of the cake. Garnish each serving with grated carrot.
- Note: I subbed applesauce for coconut.