Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another really old recipe from Better Homes and Gardens. Make sure you frost with my Browned Butter Frosting.
- 354.88 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml flour
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 158.51 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the brown sugar and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat until combine, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour and sour cream alternately to beaten mixture, beating until combined after each addition.
- Stir in the 2/3 cup nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
- Spread cooled cookies with Browned Butter Frosting.
- If desired, top with additional chopped walnut or walnut halves.
I have never sen a batch of cookies gone so QUICK. They were enjoyed. I added some butterscotch chips to, on half and the walnuts on the other half. Great recipe. Made for Zaar tag.
Oh wow! These are delicious! I decided not to frost mine - DH's preference. I also added butterscotch chips. Wonderful flavor, and overly sweet. Great frosted or not! Thanks Coffee! I'll be making these again! Made for KK Tag