Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firm packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely choppd pecans
- pecan halves
Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1 cup firm packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2-1 2⁄3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed until creay,gradually add sugars,mixing well.
- Add egg and vanilla,beat well.
- Combine flour,soda and salt,gradually add to creamed mixture,mixing after each addition.
- Stir in Chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls,place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 mintes.
- Let cool on wire racks and spread frosting over top.
- Combine brown sugar and half and half in a saucepan.
- Cook over medim heat,stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil,boil 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter.
- Add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add nough remaning powdered sugar to make desired spreding consistency.