Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not sure where I got this recipe. But since I don't eat dairy I changed a few things to suit my needs. I replaced half the sugar with Z-Sweet and I used Nu Laid liquid egg replacer instead of whole eggs. I didn't use butter or sour cream. I replaced the butter with Earth Balance Margarine and the sour cream with cinnamon bun soy yogurt. I used spelt and soy flour in this instead of all purpose flour and I added Banana to my frosting. I baked my cake in a porcelin 9x12x3 cake tin. Because I did that my cooking time was a bit longer. I think my cake was more dense then the original, but the flavour was excellent. I'm posting the original recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana (ripe and mashed)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Grease a 10 x 15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter.
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Spread evenly in your prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Bon Appetit.