Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the best Banana cake that you will ever have! I got this from Jennifer Parks. We buy bananas and just wait for them to ripen so we can make this.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups powder sugar
- Batter: In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in bananas (I squish mine in my hand as I put it in).
- Spread in a greased cookie sheet, 17 x 12 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the middle.
- Cool before frosting. Store in fridge.
- Frosting: In mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in enough powder sugar to achieve desired consistency. After 2 cups of powdered sugar I start tasting to see when it seems balanced with sugar and cream cheese.