This is the best Banana cake that you will ever have! I got this from Jennifer Parks. We buy bananas and just wait for them to ripen so we can make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1Batter: In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- 3In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 4Stir in bananas (I squish mine in my hand as I put it in).
- 5Spread in a greased cookie sheet, 17 x 12 x 1 inch baking pan.
- 6Bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the middle.
- 7Cool before frosting. Store in fridge.
- 8Frosting: In mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- 9Gradually beat in enough powder sugar to achieve desired consistency. After 2 cups of powdered sugar I start tasting to see when it seems balanced with sugar and cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Banana Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2736 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 386.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 72.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g