Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Quick Cooking. I have never tried it but sounds very good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (, , about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, bananas, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- For frosting cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Spread over bars.
I had four bananas just waiting for a recipe, but I didn't want to make banana bread again--I wanted something different. This recipe is incredible; very moist with really good banana flavor. I cut the sugar down to 1 3/4 cup, and might try even less next time, since the ripe bananas are so sweet on their own. I was in a hurry, so I frosted them with storebought vanilla frosting & added some chopped walnuts on top; although I think these would also be very good even without frosting. The bars would be awesome served while still warm, with some vanilla ice cream -- mmmmmmmm. I will make this recipe again! -M
These were incredible!!! I made them, flipped 'em over to let them cool, and part of the bottom tore off. These were more like a cake, or a banana bread. I tried them before and after frosting, and think that I liked them better before (but I don't like very sweet anyways). This is my new banana bread of choice!! Great recipe, thanks!
This was very good. The frosting was excellent. I will make this again when the banans start getting too ripe.