Top Review by mandabears
The cookies are incredible. I love apricots in every way shape or form and this recipe is easy and apricot. I made a tin of them for everyone who attended our Holiday party and everyone loved them too. Thanks for posting the recipe, Theresa.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed on mixer until fluffy.
- Combine flour,sugar and baking powder,stir into creamed mixture.
- Add apricot preserves and pecans,mixing well.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on wire racks.
- Spread with frosting while still warm.
- FROSTING:combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.