1/1 Photo of Frosted Almond Sugar Cookies
I used to call this recipe "White Christmas Cookies" but changed the name because I was making them for all the holidays and for special occasions. Everyone in my family loves these cookies and they're always fighting over how many each other eats. The yield on these cookies depend upon the size cookie cutter used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For the cookies: In a large bowl, cream together with an electric mixer the margarine and the granulated sugar until smooth.
- 2Add the eggs and the extract and beat until creamy.
- 3In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until smooth. Divide the dough in half onto plastic wrap and wrap to cover.
- 4Chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight until firm.
- 5Roll out dough to a 1/4inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- 6Cut out with your favorite cookie cutter.
- 7Place on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes. Cookies should be firm to the touch, but not brown. Cool and frost.
- 9For the frosting: Mix together the confectioners sugar and the margarine.
- 10Add the extract and then the milk until desired consistency. (Use less milk, if you plan to add food coloring for colored frosting) Beat until fluffy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frosted Almond Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g