Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recently had these at a recipe club party. Wow! I bit into one and thought I was in heaven. The frosting is fabulous and makes you want to just keep eating them. :) I had to have the recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix the 2 sticks of butter, 2 cups of flour, and 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Pat in a 9 by 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 t. almond extract until creamy.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix together 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 stick of butter, 3 T. milk, and 1-2 t. almond extract.
- Beat with mixer.
- Spread over bars.
I went to post this recipe myself but you beat me to it! These are positively dreamy!!!!! The only thing I do different is that I use a full cup of sugar in the filling. These are awesome, and look pretty too! They are HEAVENLY with sliced strawberries on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was looking for an almond bar that didn't call for almonds or paste, just extract and this one is great. The flavor is very good and the frosting really adds to the bar. The cooking time is waaaaay off, though. After 15 minutes the filling wasn't even close to being set. I baked it for 25 minutes and it still wasn't done. The crust was still doughy although the middle was set. I'd probably cook it for 30-35 minutes next time until everything is lightly browned. 15 minutes wasn't nearly enough time.