Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Capital Times and no egg in sight
- 3 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple with juice, see note
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ice cubes
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- In bender combine all the ingredients but the ice cubes and mint. Cover and whirl for 30 seconds.
- While running add the ice cubes one at a time through the opening on the lid.
- Blend until mixture is smooth and frosty. Pour into tall chilled glasses.
- Note: Pineapple should be in natural juice, undrained and chilled.
This is about a 3 1/2 for me. Wanted to love it, just liked it though my 4 year old happily drank a cup. I had some leftover crushed pineapple in juice in the fridge left over from pineapple muffins as well as some fat free buttermilk so I decided to give this one a try. I scaled it back to 2 servings. While I thought it had a nice texture I felt like the buttermilk taste was just too predominant for me to love it. However, if you are one of those people (like my late Grandpa) who likes to drink buttermilk, then you would love it.