This yummy morsel is from Sun-Maid raisins.
Make and share this Frost Bite Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 44.37 ml orange juice or 44.37 ml orange-flavored liqueur
- 118.29 ml butter, at room temperature
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml rolled oats
- 226.79 g white chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil or 4.92 ml shortening
- Combine orange juice (or liquor) and raisins in a small bowl and let stand overnight (or--if you are like me and want to make them right now--cover and microwave for 1 minute, cool covered).
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Combine flour and baking soda in another large bowl and stir into butter mixture.
- Add raisins, any soaking liquid, and oats and mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart and flattening slightly.
- Bake at 350°F 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to racks and cool completely.
- Microwave chocolate and oil 3 to 4 minutes on low power in a small deep bowl, stirring once.
- Let stand 2 minutes, stir until smooth.
- Dip one-third of cookie in chocolate and set on waxed paper.
- Chill until chocolate is firm.
- STRIP VERSION:.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Place 2 portions, at least 6 inches apart, on baking sheet.
- Pat each portion into a 12-inch-long log with well-floured hands (dough will be sticky) and flatten each log to 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1-inch-wide strips.
- Follow directions for dipping cookies.