1/1 Photo of Frost Bite Cookies
This yummy morsel is from Sun-Maid raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons orange juice or 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1Combine orange juice (or liquor) and raisins in a small bowl and let stand overnight (or--if you are like me and want to make them right now--cover and microwave for 1 minute, cool covered).
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- 3Beat in egg and orange peel.
- 4Combine flour and baking soda in another large bowl and stir into butter mixture.
- 5Add raisins, any soaking liquid, and oats and mix well.
- 6Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart and flattening slightly.
- 7Bake at 350°F 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8Transfer to racks and cool completely.
- 9Microwave chocolate and oil 3 to 4 minutes on low power in a small deep bowl, stirring once.
- 10Let stand 2 minutes, stir until smooth.
- 11Dip one-third of cookie in chocolate and set on waxed paper.
- 12Chill until chocolate is firm.
- 13STRIP VERSION:.
- 14Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- 15Place 2 portions, at least 6 inches apart, on baking sheet.
- 16Pat each portion into a 12-inch-long log with well-floured hands (dough will be sticky) and flatten each log to 1 1/2 inches wide.
- 17Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- 18Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes.
- 19Cut logs diagonally into 1-inch-wide strips.
- 20Follow directions for dipping cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frost Bite Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 49.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g