Recipe by It's Good to be Queen!
An alternative to the ever famous crisped rice cereal treats. We were in a museum cafe and saw these for sale at an exorbitant cost. We new we could make them at home and wa-la! Great for kids treats, bake sales, picnics, etc.
- 8 cups Fruit Loops cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13x9x2 pan. Cooking spray, butter, OR margarine work well to grease the pan.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows together, either on a stove top on low or in the microwave until smooth. Remember to continue stirring through out the melting process. Remove from heat source once smooth.
- Add cereal and stir gently until it is well coated.
- Transfer mixture to the greased pan. Press mixture evenly into the pan using waxed paper, buttered spatula, or your hands which have been greased.
- When cooled cut into squares. These are best if you eat them the day they are made!