Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another co-worker recipe. I have tried hers, but I have yet to make my own. It is delicious!
- 2 pillsbury pie crusts, comes folded in a box
- 1 lb sausage
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup canned green chili
- 1⁄4 cup olive, drained &,sliced
- Grease a 9x13x2 pan.
- Layer pie crusts.
- Brown sausage and onion, drain, then layer on top of pie crusts.
- Layer picante sauce on top of sausage and onion.
- Beat eggs, add milk, and beat again.
- Add everything else to the milk and egg mixture.
- Pour this mixture over the picante sauce and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
One of my all time favorite recipes. Have eaten this several times...made exactly as directed.
Nothing like we expected! Will not make again. I just read your Bio and see you are a new cook, Please don't let my rating of this recipe put a damper on your enthusiasim, KEEP COOKING!
This was disappointing. The aroma while it was baking was superb and we were salivating by the time it was done. I baked it for exactly one hour and it seemed dry and bland. We added salsa and that didn't help much. I think we didn't like the crust most of all. Sorry. Not to our taste.