Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad! I use fresh herbs from the garden. Lemon basil is a favorite! You can use what herbs you have handy. You could add toasted bread cubes to make this a panzanella salad! Add what you like! Enjoy!
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 ear of corn
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded
- 1 1⁄2 cups fennel
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1⁄2 cup red onion
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as mint, parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, tarragon, etc.)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fruity vinegar (optional-I used pomegranate vinegar) (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- Slice celery, cucumber, fennel and red onion thinly with a mandoline(or by hand).
- Cut corn off the ear.
- Chop spinach in bite size pieces.
- Chop herbs fine.
- Mix dressing ingredients in small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to mix. Serve and enjoy!
FALL PAC 2008: Excellent mix of veggies, colors and textures! Love the vinagrette!!
I was lucky enough to eat this salad with the chef who posted it-my sister! We picked herbs from the garden(all of the ones ones mentioned in the recipe). Oh so good! I will be making this again and again! Thanks for posting this one sis!