Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Made with almost everything taken from my garden. Turned out to be so delicious that the boys went back for seconds. I hope you will enjoy it too.
- 2 onions, Sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 chili peppers, Chopped
- 236.59 ml mushroom, chopped
- 50 g butter, divided
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 carrots, Grated
- 2 (800 g) cantinned tomatoes
- 140 g can tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 1 handful fresh chives, chopped
- 4 handfuls fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 1 handful fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 handful fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Once your veggies are prepped, cook the mushrooms in half of the butter, in a small pot.
- While that is cooking, melt the rest of the butter in a LARGE pot and put your onions, garlic and chilli in at the same time on a low/medium heat.
- When the mushrooms are done, add them to the same pot.
- Add your mince to the pot, raise the heat and brown it evenly.
- When the mince is browned, add the carrots, tomatos, tomato paste, bay leaves and red wine and mix through.
- Add the herbs, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until you are ready to serve, the longer the better.
- Serve over any type of past you like, with some parmesan.