1/1 Photo of From the Garden Spaghetti Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Made with almost everything taken from my garden. Turned out to be so delicious that the boys went back for seconds. I hope you will enjoy it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, Sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 chili peppers, Chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 50 g butter, divided
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 carrots, Grated
- 2 (400 g) cans tinned tomatoes
- 1 (140 g) can tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 handful fresh chives, chopped
- 4 handfuls fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 1 handful fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 handful fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Once your veggies are prepped, cook the mushrooms in half of the butter, in a small pot.
- 2While that is cooking, melt the rest of the butter in a LARGE pot and put your onions, garlic and chilli in at the same time on a low/medium heat.
- 3When the mushrooms are done, add them to the same pot.
- 4Add your mince to the pot, raise the heat and brown it evenly.
- 5When the mince is browned, add the carrots, tomatos, tomato paste, bay leaves and red wine and mix through.
- 6Add the herbs, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until you are ready to serve, the longer the better.
- 7Serve over any type of past you like, with some parmesan.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for From the Garden Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.0
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 228.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: