Recipe by COOKieCOOKer
A classic thin pizza with an absolutely delicious taste. I recommend that you do not follow my 3/4 cup of cheese exactly, and instead, sprinkle as much as your desire. You can cut your slices however you want, but I recommend in 8 slices. Bon Appetit!
Top Review by khardy1986
This was my first time making homemade pizza and it turned out great. My family loved it and it will become a quick staple dinner in our home. I followed the recipe exactly and baked for like 15 minutes on a cookie sheet.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a 12 inch pan.
- Dissolve yeast in a large mixing bowl with water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and oil.
- Add flour and beat with a wooden spoon.
- On a lightly floured surface, such as wax paper, knead dough until smooth.
- Pat out dough in pizza pan, form ridge along edge.
- Mix oregano and pepper with sauce. Spread sauce over dough.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sauce.
- Arrange any extra toppings at this point.
- Bake until cheese bubbles. Oven times vary by topping and amount of cheese.