Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
A classic thin pizza with an absolutely delicious taste. I recommend that you do not follow my 3/4 cup of cheese exactly, and instead, sprinkle as much as your desire. You can cut your slices however you want, but I recommend in 8 slices. Bon Appetit!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grease a 12 inch pan.
- Dissolve yeast in a large mixing bowl with water.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and oil.
- Add flour and beat with a wooden spoon.
- On a lightly floured surface, such as wax paper, knead dough until smooth.
- Pat out dough in pizza pan, form ridge along edge.
- Mix oregano and pepper with sauce. Spread sauce over dough.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of sauce.
- Arrange any extra toppings at this point.
- Bake until cheese bubbles. Oven times vary by topping and amount of cheese.
This was my first time making homemade pizza and it turned out great. My family loved it and it will become a quick staple dinner in our home. I followed the recipe exactly and baked for like 15 minutes on a cookie sheet.
the pizza tastes even better is you con't grease the stone, but lightly spread cornmeal over it.