Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Live at Five, Sissy Ivy, Walter's State Community College
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 10 ounces butter
- 3 eggs
- 9 ounces sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bread flour
- Melt the two chocolates and the butter together in a double boiler.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla together until well blended, but do not whip.
- Whipping to a foam creates more leavening and results in a crumbly brownie.
- If the eggs are not at room temperature, stir the mixture over a hot bath just until the mixture is at a slightly warm room temperature.
- Blend in the chocolate mix.
- Sift the flour and fold in.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.
this is not a true brownie. This is very greasy a cross between a gooey butter cake and fudge, I did not like this recipe. Sorry Danny