Recipe by Sarah Close
Serve a unique dish at your next dinner party. Get fresh frog legs at www.BigEasySeafood.com
- 8 frog's legs, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup flour, well-seasoned
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, medium, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- cayenne pepper
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- green onion top, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge frog legs in seasoned flour; tap off excess flour and reserve.
- Heat shortening in large skillet; saute frog legs until well done.
- With slotted spoon, remove legs; add reserved flour to skillet and cook, stirring, until golden.
- Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes and stir until oil floats on top.
- Add water to desired consistency and season lightly.
- Add frog legs to sauce; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and onion tops just before serving.