Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Attention grabbing name isn't it!? We call them frogs where I live but I have heard of them referred to as Macaroons, No-bakes and even "blots". No matter what the name, they are DELICIOUS!Cook time includes time in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper.
- In a large saucepan, stir together cocoa, sugar, milk and butter.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract, coconut and oats. Combine well.
- Drop by tablespoonfulls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Keep refrigerated.
When I was a kid on PEI, we called these spider cookies. The recipe is perfect, and incredibly easy. Takes me back...
I make mine with peanut butter in them. We call them cow pies where I live.
These are a family favourite with us and a true delight to our guests. I do make this on every ocassion I get to :) Excellent keeper recipe!