Recipe by Dawn
A southern dish, whose origins come from South Carolina. It is perfect for get togethers and company as there is a little something in this dish for everyone. The spicy sausage adds flavor to the vegetables and the seasoning really enhances the shrimp in this dish. It is quick, easy and delicious!
Top Review by NC Gal
this is one of our favorite summer time meals!! We have a big turkey fryer that we make this in, so clean up is much easier. Dump it on the picnic table and add some ice cold beer! We do add more old bay because we like the spice.
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄8 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 lb spicy smoked link sausage (cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 3 ears fresh corn (cut into thirds)
- 2 lbs large shrimp (unpeeled)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (cut into pieces)
- seasoning salt
- seafood cocktail sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water into large pot and add Old Bay seasoning salt.
- Bring to a boil and add potatoes.
- Boil them for 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and corn and boil for 10-15 minutes minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook only 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and put corn, potatoes, sausage and shrimp in a large dish.
- You will completely drain and serve vegetables and meat without broth.
- Add butter and lightly season to taste.
- Serve shrimp with cocktail sauce.