Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Spicey seafood stew. Great for entertaining!
Make and share this Frogmore Stew for 12 recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 2 lbs turkey kielbasa
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 4 lbs large peeled fresh shrimp
- • Bring 5 quarts water and ¼ cup Old Bay seasoning to a boil in a large stock-pot. Add potatoes; return to a boil, and cook 10 minutes.
- • Add sausage and corn, and return to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes, corn, and sausage with a slotted spoon.
- • Add shrimp to stockpot; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon. Serve with additional Old Bay seasoning, cocktail sauce, and butter. Yield: 12 servings.
There is no way this version of Frogmore Stew could rate 5 stars. The first mistake is the turkey sausage. You need smoked sausage or kielbasa for the fat and flavor. Cool the broth and store the leftovers in the liquid. The ingredients will be even better the next day. The more Old Bay, the better.
We tried this stew last night and it was very good. So easy to prepare. I used smoked sausage in place of the turkey kielbasa. The 5 cups of water but about 2 TBSP. of Old Bay. I think I would like this better if there were other spices to use with it; with or without the Old Bay. We do have left overs and will have those today. This recipe is well worth giving a try. I will make this again but will look for other seasonings that aren't quite so peppery. Thank you for posting.